I had stopped doing reviews of my boxes, and then had asked the companies to stop sending them. And I missed them. So I have restarted my shipments. There are a few that I won’t get until next month, so I am going to review what I have gotten so far!
Please be advised that some of the links provided are affiliate links and I do receive a small commission if you make a purchase using those links. I very much appreciate your support of this blog in doing so!
- The Subscription: Julep
The Description: Nail polish box and a beauty box. Get either 3 polishes, 2 polishes and a beauty product, or 2 beauty products per month.
- The Price: $20 per month
- How it Works: Julep is $24.99/month or $19.99/month with a 3 month subscription. You can sign up with one of the free offers and get your first box free, just pay $2.99 shipping. Once you are a maven, you will be able to select the items in your box between the 20th and 24th of the month.
- COUPON: Julep Maven 4-piece Welcome Box FREE for New Subscribers. ($62 Value) Just pay $2.99 shipping.
I fibbed a little bit. The two subscription boxes that I never stopped were my Julep Maven and my Dollar Shave Club. The razor blades are definitely a necessity. I will get to that one later. The thing I love about the Julep Maven box is that you get full size products, no samples. A lot of people talk about this one for the nail polish. I am lazy, and do not polish my own nails. I keep a few colors on hand in case my mani or pedi gets chipped, but I will be honest and tell you that my 6 year old granddaughter could do a much better job on my nails than I could. I just don’t have the patience.
I love the fact that you can choose what kind of products you receive. You can get either 3 polishes, 2 polishes and a beauty product, or 2 beauty products per month. I do love their makeup. I have had this subscription for a couple of years, and I have quite the collection of Julep makeup at this point, and I can honestly tell you that I really love it.
Another great thing about Julep is that you can log in between the 20th-24th of the month and edit what you are receiving that month. I neglected to do that this month, and I am upset with myself. I really didn’t need more eye shadow, even though it is a nice neutral. The other item that was in my box was a cream blush in stick form…when mine got here it was melted. I sent an email to Julep, and they told me they would send me another one, or any other product I wanted!! I have been wanting to try their Bare Face Cleansing Oil, and they said no problem! Whoop! And I love it just as much as I thought I would.
THE VERDICT: I love Julep Maven…it is why I have had this subscription service for two years!
- The Subscription: Birchbox
- The Description: Birchbox is a discovery box that will send you 5 samples or full-size products. Earn rewards points by subscribing and reviewing your products that you can spend on full-size items on their site.
- The Price: $10 per month
- How it works: Birchbox is a beauty sampling subscription box. You’ll get at least 5 items every month to try out and see what you love. Birchbox is $10 a month, plus you accumulate points after reviewing the items in your box! You’ll get 10 points per item reviewed, and 100 points are equal to $10 in the shop.
I love Birchbox, and love the design of the box this month. Every single sample this month is awesome and something I will definitely use, except for the lip/cheek color. I actually use DevaCurl products, I always need dry shampoo, and the leave-in conditioner smells great!
THE VERDICT: A definite win…especially for the cost!!
- The Subscription: Dollar Shave Club
- The Description: Pick out a handle and get your razor cartridges each month for one tiny fee. Add on extras like shave butter and flushable moist wipes
- The Price: $3-9 per month, depending on selection
- How it works: Dollar Shave Club is a shaving monthly subscription. You can get a twin razor for $3 per month , the 4x for $6 per month, or the executive for $9 per month. Your monthly shipment is generally just a package of blades, but you can add on a variety of shaving products and if you switch the blade or start a new subscription, your handle will be included in the box.
It may seem crazy to do a razor blade subscription, but I have a husband and two teenaged sons to buy razor blades for, not to mention for me. This is one less thing for me to worry about. I used to be all over CVS with my coupons, buying whatever was on sale. Then I had scenarios where everyone was trying to find handles and blades that fit each other, and I just realized that is so much easier to have everyone using the same handles and the same blades. It is kind of like that epiphany when I realized how much easier my life would be to do laundry if I only bought one brand and type of socks for my sons.
The razor blades and handle are great quality. Every month you have an opportunity to change your order, and you can add on extra handles and other stuff. Plus you get a cute little bathroom reader, and funny things written on the blade package.
THE VERDICT: TOTALLY worth it!
What subscription boxes do you get?